West Ohio Food Bank
The Finance Manager engages in financial analysis in such areas as forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance. The Finance Manager is also responsible for financial transactions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger, and required financial reports at the local, state, and federal level. Posts information to accounting software from such source documents as invoices to customers, cash receipts, and supplier invoices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts research, compiles and prepares financial reports; produces monthly balance sheets, income statements, profit and loss statements, quarterly cash flow statements, and budget forecasts.
- Compiles budget details and prepare budgets in partnership with CEO for board approval.
- Maintains appropriate internal controls, systems, and procedures to ensure resources support the organization.
- Prepares financial analyses and data for CEO and Board to track and report financial activities, status of funds, inventory, and capital expenses.
- Manage funds to maximize return on investment while minimizing risk, and ensuring adequate control structure is in place over the transfer and investment of funds.
- Reports to CEO on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Interpret the organizations financial results to CEO and recommend improvement strategies.
- Forecast cash flow positions and available funds for investment.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital needs.
- Insures accounts payable, expense reports, and disbursements comply with operating procedures in order to control expenses; communicates procedures to staff members for compliance.
- Allocates and posts transactions to subsidiary accounts in general ledger and accounting system.
- Prepares checks for the appropriate signatures.
- Reviews financial documents, researches discrepancies and reconciles accounts with general ledger; communicates discrepancies or problems to CEO.
- Interacts with staff members on payroll issues, processes time off, makes sure proper documentation for withholdings support transactions, enters payroll information into payroll system, verifies payroll registers, reconcile transactions, distributes payroll and handles other confidential materials requiring a good knowledge of payroll and IRS requirements.
- Ensures all monthly posting is completed in a timely manner. Identifies and compiles outstanding payables and receivables for accrual.
- Research outstanding transactions. Prepares reports and updates schedules as needed.
- Completes reports to ensure Director of Programs & Compliance can reconcile bank statements by pooling required documentation.
- Complete year-end close and audit preparation.
- Disseminate financial information for grants and government contracts.
- Comply and submit on time all local, state, and federal government reporting requirements.
- Process employee enrollment for applicable benefits.
- For auditing purposes, keeps individual employee files of required documentation detailing deductions for employees’ pay (e.g. United Way contributions, insurance, etc.) that are required for audit review.
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested.
- Provides weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports as required.
- Ensure food safety standards by following the established WOFB and the American Institute of Baking (AIB) standards.
- Maintains safe, secure, and healthy work environment by following safety practices and policies stated in AIB policy and procedures manuals.
Primarius Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot program issues with ECCA as needed for payroll.
- Work with ECCA software developers to design reports with prior CEO approval for WOFB reporting.
- Data Entry
- Assist with the Director of Communications & Public Relations on entering data into the Donor Perfect system as requested.
- Assist as a back-up for processing agency orders through the Primarius system.
- Collect, organize, input, and submit volunteer hours ensuring all data is captured correctly for local, state, and federal requirements.
- Enter volunteer hours into the spreadsheet ensuring all data is captured correctly.
- Ability to proofread material, perform data-entry, and generate reports as needed.
- Utilize computerized database systems and various word processing, spreadsheets, and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve information.
- Perform any other duties/responsibilities that may be requested by the CEO or designee and West Ohio Food Bank.
Candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting, or equivalent business experience and 3-5 plus years of progressively responsible experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Ability to pass alcohol/drug screening and background checks
- Knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
- Analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Proven bookkeeping experience.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable/receivable principles.
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Data entry knowledge and skills.
- Hands-on experience with spreadsheets and proprietary software.
- Ability to interpret financial and statistical data and assist in development of a budget.
- Excellent organization, project management, and time management skills with attention to detail and follow through.
- Customer focused philosophy and proven ability to prioritize, plan and manage multiple tasks and agendas.
- Excellent relationship building skills with an ability to communicate and work effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively manage numerous projects simultaneously and work independently.
- Ability to effectively communicate required standards in a style of coaching and support.
- Ability to work well with other staff in a collaborative effort to improve efficiencies and effectiveness of the organization.
- Ability to withhold confidential matters pertaining to WOFB from external stakeholders.
- Ability to pass alcohol/drug screening and background checks at hire and randomly throughout the year.
- Receive and maintain ServSafe certification.
- Advanced Microsoft Office/Excel experience required.
- Ability to follow standard operating procedures.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
Stand for extended periods of time Work in a very cold environment
Use of hands and manual dexterity Work in a humid environment
Reach with hands and arms Work in a moderately loud environment
Climb and balance Work near moving mechanical parts
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl Ability to lift 50+ pounds consecutively
Sit for extended periods of time Ascend/descend flights of stairs
Work inside freezer of – 10 degrees Climb in/out of trucks, docks and/or forklifts
Work inside cooler of 32 degrees
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Bachelors Degree
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Finance
Contact Email : email@example.com
The Findlay∙Hancock County Chamber of Commerce is hosting a LunchClick to read more >
Join the Chamber on Wednesday, September 22nd for Business 2Click to read more >
The Chamber will host Fresh Brewed Business on Tuesday, SeptemberClick to read more >
It's easy to join. Start your journey with the Chamber today!
Use the strength and buying power of 700+ companies. Check out our member savings programs and discounts!
You're Invited! See all upcoming events and happenings at the Chamber.
123 East Main Cross Street
Findlay, OH 45840
F: 419.422.9508 (currently down)